Executive Function in Children: How Parents Can Help
An evening presentation by
Kristen Jacobsen, MS CCC-SLP
Thursday, February 9, 2023 – 7:00-8:30pm
via Zoom webinar
(Click to register below)
Kristen Jacobsen, MS, CCC-SLP is an expert on executive function skills and a trained speech-language pathologist who is Co-Director at the Cognitive Connections Executive Function Practice. She provides training and coaching for teachers and professionals nationally, parent consultations, as well as student training and coaching services. Kristen is the co-author of the award-winning 360 Thinking Program that aims to improve students’ executive function skills at school and home.
In this talk, Kristen Jacobsen will discuss:
- What Executive Function challenges in children – with and without a diagnosed learning disability – look like and foundational strategies
- What are situational awareness skills and why are they important
- How backwards planning works and makes a difference
- What is the recommended sequence of a good planning process
- How to improve time awareness and work around distractions, or “time robbers”
- Takeaways for your parenting toolkit and further resources
There will be plenty of time for Q&A with Kristen Jacobsen.
- This event is free, but your donation to support UOD’s work is appreciated.
- Advance registration is required. Please register below. If you need help with filling out the form or have questions contact: [email protected]
- Link for more information and a downloadable event flyer