Allergic Conditions Unit
Introduction to Understanding Our Differences
Watch this very quick video about Understanding Our Differences to find out more about this program!
You will be learning about Allergic Conditions soon!
- In this unit, you will learn about how and why some people are different, how people manage allergic conditions and how to be a friend to someone who has an allergic condition.
- You will have the chance to hear a guest speaker who has an allergic condition talk about their life.
- You will also have a chance to ask the guest speaker some questions, too.
You will learn that every member of our community wants to be treated with respect, be included, and to have friends.
Meet some kids with allergies to food in this video:
Younger Kids Talk: Food Allergy by The Center for Food Allergy and Asthma Research (CFAAR)
Listen to what the kids say about having food allergies, how others can help and being included.
After the videos, here are questions to think about:
- What are some of the foods that some of the kids said they were allergic to?
- What are some of the things that happen when kids eat something they are allergic to?
- How can you help keep people with food allergies safe from what they are allergic to?
- Accidents happen sometimes. How can you help if someone thinks they are having a reaction to something they are allergic to?
- How can you help kids with food allergies feel included?
Coming Up Next…your unit presentation will happen soon!
Can you think of questions you might have for the guest speaker? We’ll see you soon!
The Understanding Our Differences curriculum is protected by copyright, © 2010-2023. Understanding Our Differences, Inc. All rights reserved. The Understanding Our Differences curriculum is not to be altered, photocopied, shared with other entities, or reproduced in any way, and is not to be resold.