Introduction to Understanding Our Differences
Watch this very quick video about Understanding Our Differences to find out more about this program!
You will be learning about Diabetes soon!
- In this unit, you will learn about how and why some people are different, how people with diabetes manage their condition, how to be a friend to someone who has diabetes.
- You will have the chance to hear a guest speaker who has diabetes talk about their life. You will also have a chance to ask the guest speaker some questions, too.
- You will learn that every member of our community wants to be treated with respect, be included, and to have friends.
Meet some kids with diabetes in this video:
Type 1 Diabetes: What You Need to Know by JDRF
Listen to what the kids say about what it’s like to have Type 1 Diabetes, how others can help and being included.
After the videos, here are questions to think about:
- How are the kids in the video similar to kids who don’t have Type 1 Diabetes?
- What were some of the ways they said they were different?
- What were some of the things the kids like to do and said they are good at doing? Are any of these something you enjoy too?
- What did the kids say about how they wanted to be treated? How do you want to be treated?
Coming Up Next…your unit presentation will happen soon!
Can you think of questions you might have for the guest speaker? We’ll see you soon!
The Understanding Our Differences curriculum is protected by copyright, © 2010-2023. Understanding Our Differences, Inc. All rights reserved. The Understanding Our Differences curriculum is not to be altered, photocopied, shared with other entities, or reproduced in any way, and is not to be resold.