Physical Disabilities Unit
Introduction to Understanding Our Differences
Watch this very quick video about Understanding Our Differences to find out more about this program!
You will be learning about Physical Disabilities soon!
- In this unit, you will learn about how and why some people are different, what a barrier is and how to be a friend to someone with a physical disability.
- You will have the chance to hear a guest speaker with a physical disability talk about their life.
- You will also have a chance to ask the guest speaker some questions, too.
- You will learn that every member of our community wants to be treated with respect, be included, and to have friends.
Get Ready! Meet some kids with physical disabilities in this video:
Kids Just Want to Have Fun – by Mercury Productions, Inc.
Listen to what the kids say about having fun, being different and being included.
After the video, here are questions to think about:
- What were some of the ways the children in the video said they are similar to everyone else?
- What were some of the ways they said they were different?
- What were some of the things the kids like to do and said they are good at doing? Are any of these something you enjoy too?
- What did the kids say about how they wanted to be treated? How do you want to be treated?
Coming Up Next…your unit presentation will happen soon!
Can you think of questions you might have for the guest speaker? We’ll see you soon!
The Understanding Our Differences curriculum is protected by copyright, © 2010-2023. Understanding Our Differences, Inc. All rights reserved. The Understanding Our Differences curriculum is not to be altered, photocopied, shared with other entities, or reproduced in any way, and is not to be resold.